1. When leaving the airport, turn right at the main highway that runs beside the airport.
1.1 If coming from Playas del Coco, follow the signs back to the main highway as though you are going to the airport. Then, take a RIGHT once you meet the main highway.
Continue along this main highway for around 20-25 minutes until the town of Belen. There is a gas station on the far right diagonal corner in Belen.
2. Turn right before the gas station, following the signs to Tamarindo/ Playa Grande (Parque Nacional Marino de las Baulas). These signs for the Parque Nacional Marino las Baulas have a drawing of a turtle, they are brown with white writing, and refer to Playa Grande.
Follow this road without turning off. After around 20 minutes, you will pass another gas station called “Oasis” on your left. This is the 2nd closest gas station to the house, the other is on the road towards Tamarindo.
Continue going straight along this road. You will go up over a mountain after the Oasis gas station, you will go down the other side of the mountain, and about 2km along, will see a turn off to the left for Tamarindo.
DO NOT take the left to Tamarindo!
Stay straight. You will see Super Compro supermarket on your right around 200 meters past this intersection. If you are staying in Playa Grande, get groceries here but don’t leave anything in the car unattended.
Stay straight on this road, passing by the turn-off to the right for Flamingo, Conchal, Las Catalinas and Playa Danta.
When you get to the next t-intersection, you are in Matapalo. On your right will be a soccer field.
3. Turn left here, pass over the little bridge, continue on the paved road for another 8-10 minutes.
You will go over and down another mountain, continue along until you come to a little more of a township.
Pass by Kike’s place (Kee-Kays) on your left (down their driveway, there is a big rancho style roof).
4. Take the next left turn at the big sign and the little school of Playa Grande is on your left.
5. Frijoles Locos Surf Shop in on the left just after the school.