Driving directions from Playa Grande to Tamarindo for Sportfishing or Automercado.
1. From Frijoles Locos Surf Shop, take the right at the corner to leave Playa Grande.
2. After 7-8 minutes you will arrive in Matapalo. There is a soccer field here. Take a right at the stop sign when you see the soccer field on the opposite diagonal corner.
Continue on this paved road for around 5 minutes until you see the big Super Compro supermarket on your left. This town is Huacas.
3. Take your next RIGHT on the paved road.
Drive for around 7-8 minutes until you see a strip mall, with a big Mega Super on your left, also has Fischel pharmacy at the front.
4. Take the next right on a paved road towards Tamarindo
Stay on this road. You will pass by Automercado after around 5 minutes, on your left hand side. The building is of a sandstone facade.
5. If you continue past Automercado, you will get to the town of Tamarindo.
Don’t ever leave anything in your vehicle once you park it.
For Tamarindo Sportfishing:
If you are going to meet Petra with Tamarindo Sportfishing, stay on the same road all the way until it ends in a culdesac, commonly referred to as Tamarindo Circle.
Petra has a white Toyota 4Runner and will meet you either at Noguis restaurant there in the far diagonal corner, or on the beach in front of the Pescador restaurant. You will be told at booking which location it is.