Driving Directions from Playa Grande to Marbella (Playa Frijolar)
- Driving time 1 hour
1. From Frijoles Locos Surf Shop, head towards Tamarindo: take a right at the school to leave Playa Grande.
2. After 7-8 minutes you will arrive in Matapalo. There is a soccer field here. Take a right at the stop sign when you see the soccer field.
3. In Huacas, just after SuperCompro, take your next RIGHT, towards Tamarindo.
Don’t take the next right turn in Villa Real towards Tamarindo. Instead go straight ahead, following signs to the JW Marriott/ Hacienda Pinilla.
You will continue straight onto a dirt road, passing by el Gollo store on your right.
4. Stay on this dirt road, don’t take the right hand turn to Hacienda Pinilla. Where the road forks right and left, the right has a paved stretch, don’t go on this road, stay on the dirt road.
5. From here, stay on the dirt road for around 15 minutes until you hit a paved road… then there is a right hand turn. Take this right hand turn.
6. 100 yards after this right hand turn, there is another right hand turn towards Junquillal and Paraiso. Turn right here.
7. Stay on this paved road around 10-15 minutes until you will see signs for Marbella Real Estate, a little dirt road on the left hand side.
Stay on this dirt road for around 15-20 minutes until you get to Marbella… the beach is called Playa Frijolar.
There is a soccer field on the left…
8. Take your first right after that soccer field. Dirt road all the way to the beach. Park by the Tiki Hut (great place to chill out and have a drink after the surf)…
Not a bad place to take your non-surfing companion- good food and drinks, as well as shade at the beach.